REGISTRATION OR NURSES, HEALTH VISITORS, MIDWIVES, TRAINED DAIS AND DAIS
Registration of nurses, health visitors, midwives, trained dais and dais: -
(1). Any person who complies with such conditions and registrations as may be prescribed by the council and who: -
- (a) Has undergo the course of training or passed the examination if any, prescribed for nurses, health visitors, midwives, multipurpose health worker or trained dais .
- (b) Is registered as a nurse or midwife by any association which is recognized by the Local Government .
- (c) Is able to satisfy the council that he has anywhere in India undergone a course of training or passed an examination similar to the course of training and examination referred to in clause (a) and recognized by the local government .
- (d) Is on the date on which any by-laws or notification made or issued under section 14 come into force, employed or practicing in Bihar as a dais or doing the same work as a nurse such by laws or notification apply, may apply to the register to have his name registered .
- Provided that an application from a person who claims to be registered under clause (d) shall not be entertained unless it is received within one year from the date on which the by-laws or the notification, as the case may be, come into force.
- (a) If the Registrar is satisfied that any nurse, health visitors, midwife or wined dai applying under clause (a) or clause (b) of subsection (I) is eligible to lite registered, he shall, on payment of the prescribed fees, enter the name of such mese, health visitors, midwife or trained dai in the prescribed register.
- (b) If the Register is satisfied that any person applying under clause(c) or (d) et subsection (I) is eligible to be registered as a nurse, health visitors, midwife 4r trained dai, as the case may be, he shall lay the application before the council Inds a recommendation that he be pemiined to enter the name of such person in te prescribed register, and shall not make any entry in the prescribed register in aspect of such person until the entry is permitted by the Council to be made.
- To conduct undergraduate courses and to issue diploma and registration certificate.
- (i) The registrar on receiving an application under clause (a) or clause (b) of subsection (I ) from any person in respect of whom he considers that the council may wish to exercise its power of refusal under clause
- (ii) of this provisions, may refer the said application to the council or to any sub-committee appointed by the council for that purpose, and shall not make any entry is permitted to be made by the council or by the sub committee, as the case may be; (ii) thew council may refuse to permit the registration of any person who has been convicted of any such offence as implies in the opinion of the council any defect of character such as would render him unfit for duty or who, after an enquiry, has been held by the council to have been guilty of any professional misconduct or, in the case of a person applying under clause (c) or clause (d) of subsection (I), is held by the council not to possess satisfactory professional qualifications: Provided further that any person aggrieved by an order passed ndcr clause (ii) of the first proviso may. within one month of the date of the dispatch to him by registered post of a notice informing him of such order, prefer an appeal from such order to the local government.
- (iii) If the Register is not satisfied that a person applying for registration under subsection ( I) is eligible to be registered, he shall reject the application of such person; Provided that any person aggrieved by an order of the Registrar rejection such an application may, within one month of the date of dispatch to him by agistered post of a notice informing him of such order, prefer an appeal from 0.thorder to the council.
Provided that: -